Volunteer with YMCA Youth Services and make new friends, learn new skills, have fun and give to others all at the same time.
Youth Leadership & Development
The Youth Leadership & Development (YLDU) offers young people a range of volunteering experiences including:
- YMCA Camping Adventures, a five day school holiday camping program for eight to sixteen year olds to explore their potential in a fun, challenging and supportive environment.
- YMCA Connect is a five day school holiday camping program for nine to fifteen year olds who are living in care and require one on one support. The program offers a break from home, recreation experiences and leadership development.
- UNO-Y Leadership Program (pronounced ‘you-know-why’) is an annual six day leadership program for young people from across Victoria. The program is led by a Taskforce of young people who facilitate a variety of workshops and experiential learning sessions, plus provide mentoring and guidance to build the leadership skills of young people.
- YMCA School Services - if you have facilitation skills, or would like to develop yours, join our school services team of volunteers. YMCA School Services includes leadership days, lunchtime recreation activities, after-school programs, careers programs and peer support.
- Y-LEAD (Young Volunteer Training Program) is designed to help young people become engaged in YMCA Volunteering opportunities. Facilitated by an experienced team of current volunteers the program runs alongside the Camping Adventures activities (during school holidays) and provides supported and real experiences for new volunteers. Y-LEAD provides a great starting point for all new volunteers, especially those aged 17-20 years, to learn the ropes and get involved.
To get involved in the YLDU, or for more information about any of the above opportunities, please contact Mick 'Della' Delaney by emailing email@example.com.
YMCA Skate Parks
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Youth Mentoring
Would you like to play an important role in changing a young person's life forever? YMCA Youth Mentoring matches adult volunteers on a one-to-one basis with a young person in need of additional adult support and friendship. With the backing of professional staff, YMCA Youth Mentors aim for positive change in behaviour and attitudes. Want to become a mentor? If you're interested in becoming a mentor please visit your local participating centre or call the Program Coordinator on 1300 883 994.
School Holiday Program - Brimbank Youth Services
The School Holiday Program for young people in Brimbank is a fun and exciting way to gain experience and provide other young people an enjoyable time on their school holidays. Each holiday period includes six program days of well planned activities.
Brimbank FReeZA - Brimbank Youth Services
If you have a passion for music, event management or are just looking for an opportunity meet like-minded young people, the Brimbank FReeZA Crew are keen to hear from you.
If you’re interested in getting involved in either of the above Brimbank Youth Services opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
Volunteers are provided ongoing training and support during their involvement.
By volunteering your time and talent, we can continue to offer a wide range of programs that cater for the diverse interests and needs of young people and provide assistance to them in times of need.
If you’re interested in volunteering for a particular program or activity, contact the relevant person listed above.
Alternatively, complete an Expression of Interest online form, or download the PDF version and mail it in to us. The information you provide will enable us to match you with a role that best suits your needs, interests and abilities.