Volunteer with YMCA and make new friends, learn new skills, have fun and give to others all at the same time.
Volunteer on a camping program
The Community Development Unit (CDU) offers young people a range of volunteering experiences including:
- YMCA Camping Adventures is a five day school holiday camping program for eight to sixteen year olds to explore their potential in a fun, challenging and supportive environment.
- YMCA Connect is a five day school holiday camping program for nine to fifteen year olds who are living in care and require one on one support. The program offers a break from home, recreation experiences and leadership development.
- UNO-Y Leadership Program (pronounced ‘you-know-why’) is an annual six day leadership program for young people from across Victoria. The program is led by a Taskforce of young people who facilitate a variety of workshops and experiential learning sessions, plus provide mentoring and guidance to build the leadership skills of young people.
- Y-LEAD (Young Volunteer Training Program) is designed to help young people become engaged in YMCA Volunteering opportunities. Facilitated by an experienced team of current volunteers the program runs alongside the Camping Adventures activities (during school holidays) and provides supported and real experiences for new volunteers. Y-LEAD provides a great starting point for all new volunteers, especially those aged 17-20 years, to learn the ropes and get involved.
- YMCA Weekend Escapes is for adults with a disability to provide opportunities for developing social skills and making new friends, trying new activities and having fun.
Volunteers are provided ongoing training and support during their involvement.
Volunteer, make a contribution and have fun with the Y.
By volunteering your time and talent we will continue to offer a wide range of camps that cater for people with diverse interests and needs and provide assistance to them in times of need.
To get involved, or for more information about any of the above opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, complete an Expression of Interest online form. The information you provide will enable us to match you with a role that best suits your needs, interests and abilities.