If you’re new to the skate park, please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the park and how it is being used. This will help you to understand the flow and how you can join in.
If you would like some assistance the YMCA staff are more than happy to give some tips on what to look out for and where to get started.
The use of safety equipment and active supervision is highly recommended for beginners and children under the age of 10.
Safety equipment is available for use free of charge from the skate park office.
By following these simple rules and looking out for each other we can help minimise injuries and ensure everyone has a good time;
- Be aware of others using the park and how they are using it.
- Do not block obstacles and take it in turns when it’s busy.
- Follow the direction of traffic, don’t skate across traffic and watch out for blind spots.
- Always give way to people coming up the ramps and allow plenty of space.
- Regularly check and maintain your equipment to ensure its safety.
- No alcohol
- No glass
- No smoking
- No prohibited substances
- No motorised vehicles
- No anti-social behaviour
- No foul language
When is the best time to use the skate park?
Picking the best time can help you get the most out of your visit. The YMCA encourages younger people and beginners to visit earlier in the day when the park is quieter, as it can get pretty busy in the afternoon and night sessions.