The YMCA has some new sports programs offering schools the opportunity to present something different for students during Physical Education classes.
We have a new Skate Safe program which we deliver to primary schools.
This innovating and refreshing new school program focuses on engaging all students irrespective of age or gender and it delivers active fun and games based clinics incorporating: balance, agility, coordination and technique. Action Sports is a non-competitive, confidence-building introduction into skateboarding. The students will build skills with correct technique during the guided sessions with our YMCA skateboard coaches.
We believe our programs also assist in the building of participant's self-esteem and positive identity for young people and youth culture.
Our program coaches are accredited by the Australian Sports Commission and are highly experienced and skilled in the teaching of their sport.
All coaches have appropriate working with children and police checks.
WANT TO SEE HOW IT ALL LOOKS? WATCH THIS LINK:
SESSION CONTENT INCLUDES:
• Road and footpath safety etiquette and rules
• How to use Skate Parks safely
• Skateboarding technique development
• How to become a competent skater
THE PROGRAM AIMS TO:
· Teach road safety in the context of riding skateboards to school
· Develop skateboarding skills and balance
· Promote safe behaviours
· Promote active and healthy lifestyles
· Provide a formal introduction into the use of Skate Parks
All booking enquiries and information please call Caitlin on 0459 988 125 or e-mail: Caitlin.email@example.com